Learning, Learning, Learning : Packed Technical Content at the National CRM User Group Summit in Tampa October 2016
I might have to take some time away from projects to go to this intimate and intense seminar that includes not only training, but also real life sharing from the field.
If you are working with Dynamics CRM then this is a must attend.
In case you have not heard Microsoft Announces the SPRING WAVE of Microsoft CRM 2016 with FieldOne and ADXStudio integration.
Did you know you can learn even more now?
Check out the FieldOne Case studies and learning center here!
Check out the ADXStudio Community here.
IGNITE 2016: Get Technical, Get Trained, Get Direct from the Source Information, BE PART of the Dynamics CRM Conversation
Now this session looks like a real winner!
Given all the BUZZ coming out of Envision it looks like the conference was a success in meeting it's goals of sharing the vision!
If You Are Planning for Next Year?
"What can you expect at Microsoft Envision?
- Gain crucial insights: Microsoft Envision delivers business insights and technology expertise at every level. Business leaders, including Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and a variety of world renowned third party visionaries and thought-leaders will share what’s next, what’s trending, and how to capitalize.
- Discover new solutions: Find sessions and learning opportunities that allow you to explore the topics and opportunities that are specifically relevant to your industry and role. Discover successful strategies, disruptive technologies, and next-level thinking that will help you make smart decisions about the future of your business.
- Build lasting connections: Connect with innovators, technology partners, colleagues, and visionaries, and build professional relationships that will last for years. We’ve created numerous opportunities for you to learn and share with others who have tackled (and solved) some of your same business challenges.
Why you should attend Microsoft Envision
If you’re a business leader who is charged with making or influencing key business decisions within your organization, you’ll gain tremendous value at Microsoft Envision. You’ll find a depth of resources here that will help you not only come away better positioned for your future, but help you discover how to take advantage of solutions today that will deliver immediate results to your business.
New technologies are rapidly transforming the world. Businesses that understand the available technologies—and anticipate what’s coming next—are able to quickly leap ahead. Microsoft Envision gives you the insights you need to take advantage of the evolving business landscape.
Find out more about how Microsoft Envision can help business, marketing, sales, finance, customer service, operations and IT leaders across a variety of industries excel."
Given that so much new has been released, sometimes it is easy to miss some of the powerful new features.
Take for instance USING WORD TEMPLATES in CRM. Sure, letters are nice, but have you ever considered the power of all the other data you can pull into a WORD template?
Even more Options for E-Mail Synchronization
The Server-Side Synchronization Handbook : Another option for Connecting Microsoft CRM Online to Microsoft Exchange Server
1. Workflows can be REAL TIME (Synchronous) or ALMOST REAL TIME (asynchronous) and if you are a business user creating workflows you want to coordinate the timing. In the world of plugins and extensions timing coordination of steps is all part of the job, but in the world of workflows sometimes it is easy to forget about what we are really asking for.
2. Deleting and Cleanup in the world of customization and multiple environments are a specialized thought process. The system supports a merge mindset so when you want to do cleanup (and you are using unmanaged solutions) you want to make sure you cleanup all your environments. I like to use the technique of naming fields, business rules, forms, views and other such configurations in DEV with a prefix of something like ZToBeDeleted so that after a deployment to TEST and PRODUCTION it is easy to do house cleaning.
3. You are not the only one extending and configuring. Coordination equals huge successes and incredible power and depth. It is a product that is always evolving from the power and insight of the incredible team at Microsoft and then there are the other new features that are purchased, reviewed, updated, coordinated and released. If you are writing unsupported code you are asking for headaches OR if your hired gun is writing unsupported code. Take the time to get it done right. Take the time to vet your resources. A low hourly rate does not mean long term reduction in cost.
4. Software as a Service (SaaS) in the world of Dynamics CRM means that you are continuously getting the chance to improve your businesses cutting edge differentiator through the use of the newest technology and business techniques. Get the Learning Mindset and embrace the wave while also taking bite sized, very manageable growth steps forward. Setup your environment so you have a DEV, TEST and PRODUCTION instance so that you can have DEV upgraded first, then TEST (with a release to TEST and Regression Testing) and then roll to production. For smaller firms perhaps only two instances, but always give yourself that learning arena for the larger feature releases.
5. Just because it looks pretty, and has a really cheap initial price does not mean that you won't be paying more in the long run. In the world of ONLINE and the CLOUD do your research with other customers. Understand the 1, 2 and 3 year average costs and understand what you get for the money. The models can be very different. There are hundreds of applications that can be replaced by Dynamics CRM and with the right resources (trained helps) the price is right. Just because Access and Excel are available with office, doesn't mean they are the right solution for a multi-user environment where people need to share real time data across many different devices. Oh and then there is the Out of the Box integration to the Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Excel E-Mail, and so much more.
It really is mind blowing.....
Technology grows as fast as your kids and keeping in touch with the drip just makes life so energized!
Microsoft Dynamics CRM v8.0.0.xxxx (2016) was released last Fall offering more functionality at the deepest level and more options and functionality at the user level. Take for instance the new "Interactive Service Hub". A graphical interface in addition to ALL you have through dashboards, charts and views and then you also have new options around knowledge management and at the deepest level new formats for fields.
Even more important, the incredible ground work around mobile and the mastery of DISTRIBUTED PROCESSING leveraging Azure. Distributed processing with any technology is not easy; although in the world of Microsoft CRM we have long had the Outlook Client, still we needed more options and now we have more options. The synchronization of data between multiple source locations is just ripe with potential difficulty and yet, here you have in CRM 2016 some great MOBILE Answers to a tough need.
Now before you start thinking about all that you have not yet tried in the FALL CRM 2016 release (v8.0.0.xxxx) understand that the SPRING 2016 release is rolling out to the customer focus group now. A group of customers who totally get keeping up and have signed up and agreed to test the new software before it is generally available. A win/win situation for the product development teams and for customers. A team approach using real world solutions.
The Spring release is PACKED!
The teams are leveraging not only the power of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (and it really is powerful and occassionally taken for granite), but the depth and power of AZURE, the Out of the Box integration to Office 365 and SharePoint and the maturely integrated solutions like portal and field services.
Given how quickly everything is rolling out the teams have also released a new ROADMAP website so you can immediately know what has been released, what is being released and what is pending for the next update. It is easy to get caught up in the buzz, so this site is available for immediate validation.
Want another insight?
Microsoft Social Engagement is now getting monthly updates.
and then there are versions all the other enhancements on the same page to also catch up on. What? You are interested in Machine Learning? Did you know MSE is ALREADY leveraging the power? Wow!
I work at Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Global Dynamics Domain focused on services. Keeping up with all of the GREAT old and new functionalities can sometimes be interesting, but it is such a thrill to have such a huge tool chest of options for clients in this complex world. A world where technology, configurable technology can offer a great competitive differentiator.